James I. O’Neill High School
Friday, 02/14/2020, “A” Day
- Spanish Club (Valentine’s Day) - ¡Hola estudiantes! Don’t have a date for Valentine’s Day? ¡No te preocupes! Celebrate el Día de San Valentín (Valentine’s Day) with the Spanish Club. We will have food, activities, and so much more! We will be in room 234 after school TODAY. See Señora Rochman if you have any questions!
- Mr. OHS – Do you want to be the next Mr. OHS? Applications are available in Mrs. Rochman’s room (room 234) for juniors and seniors interested in competing on March 27th.
- 1st place – 2 free prom tickets
- 2nd place – 1 free prom ticket
ALSO half of the proceeds will be donated to the 1st place winner’s charity of choice!
The deadline to hand in applications is TODAY.
- Boys Baseball – Any boys interested in playing JV or Varsity baseball, there will be an informational/signup meeting TODAY at 2:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. If you are unable to attend make sure you see Coach Arduino or Coach Breitfeller to get the information you need.
- O’Neill Boys & Girls Varsity Golf – There will be a 15 minute informational meeting next Wednesday, February 19th, at 2:30p.m. in room 207.
- Costa Rica Trip – Attention Spanish students: Are you interested in practicing your Spanish skills and immersing yourself in Hispanic culture? Come to Costa Rica during Spring break of 2021. There will be a parent meeting on Wednesday, February 19th at 6p.m. in room 236 to find out everything you need to know about signing up for this extraordinary trip.
- Poetry Contest – See the bulletin board across from room 330 for a poetry contest. Submissions are due by March 5th to Mr. Gale. See him with any questions!
- Spring Sports Physicals – Physicals will be held in the nurse’s office on March 5th. Please see the nurse before March 3rd to sign up for a physical if needed.
- ATTENTION SENIORS –
- Please make sure to check your emails, as well as the Guidance Office window, for when college reps are visiting our school. You must sign up to attend!
- Please make sure to bring copies of your college acceptances and scholarships you receive to the Guidance Office!
Upcoming Important Dates:
- 02/17/20 – Presidents Day – No School
- 02/19/20 – Parent meeting for Costa Rica trip (Spring Break, 2021) – 6p.m. – OHS, Room 236
- 02/29/20 – JROTC Military Ball – 6p.m. – 10p.m. – Ike Hall, West Point
- 03/05/20 – Spring Sports Physicals – Nurse’s Office (Must sign up with the nurse by March 3rd)