2021-22 Scholarships for Seniors
- Demaris Smith DeSimone Scholarship
- Emily Akers Scholarship
- Helen and Arnold Barben Scholarship
- Major General Irene Trowell Harris Chapter, Tuskegee Airmen, Inc. Tuition Assistance Award
- New York State DAR Scholarship
- Peggy Jo Power Gifford Scholarship
- Simon Youth Community Scholarship Program
2022 ROTC Scholarship
- The ROTC High School Scholarship application window is now open and members of the high school class of 2022 can now start applying. Google search the military branch's four-year scholarship for which you wish to apply for. Click here to learn more about Fordham Army ROTC as well as to contact the local recruiting operations officer for general ROTC four-year scholarship information.
Community Foundation of Orange & Sullivan Scholarships (Updated deadline is April 15th)
Please use this link to direct students to apply for Community Foundation Scholarships. Students will be prompted to create a secure username and password that is unique to them. This will keep all of their information secure and private during the application process so that they may leave applications and return to complete them at a later time. This will also assist us later on as we prepare award letters and payments for the selected students and schools.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to respond to this email or call the Community Foundation directly at 845-769-9393.
2022 Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- Pending the appropriation of State funds during the 2021 session of the New York State Legislature, 8,000 scholarships for Academic Excellence will be awarded to the top students graduating from New York State high schools in June 2022. This year four seniors will be nominated based upon the class rank of students at the end of their junior year. Winners of this scholarship may concurrently receive any other New York State academic or general award for which he or she may be eligible. However, winners cannot be awarded a Scholarship for Academic Excellence in any amount when the combination of all awards would exceed their cost of attendance. Scholarship winners must attend a college or university (SAE’s cannot be used for trade schools) in New York State. Those who do not attend a college or university in New York State forfeit the award. Cost of attendance includes tuition, required fees, laboratory and other institution-related expenses, books, transportation, and room and board. Awards are renewable for up to four academic years of undergraduate study or five academic years, if the program of study normally requires five years as defined by the Commissioner of Education. In the event that a scholarship is declined by the student or revoked by the Commissioner of Education, its benefits will lapse and no re-awards will be made.
Scholarship Opportunity for Juniors:
- The Coolidge Scholarship is a full-ride, four-year, merit scholarship that may be used by recipients for undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States. Winners may use the scholarship to pursue any academic major. This shcolarship is open to any high school junior to apply. Please click HERE for the 2022 Coolidge Scholarship Application.