HFFMCSD’s Physical and Health Education Mission Statement
Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District’s Physical Education and Health Departments educate students to become lifelong learners of health and wellness by participating in activities that develop behaviors which encourage healthy decision-making, appropriate social skills, and lifelong physical fitness in and outside of the educational setting.
Our goal is to produce a physically educated and healthy person who:
- HAS learned skills necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes proper nutrition and physical activity
- KNOWS the implications of and the benefits from involvement in physical activities
- DOES include healthy habits including physical activity in daily life
- IS fit, healthy and ready to learn
- VALUES physical activity and health as they relate to a healthful lifestyle