School Tool Parent Portal Information, Access & FAQs

  • Click here to login to the Parent Portal. 


    Information about Parent Portal

    Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central Schools offers parents and guardians our Parent Portal, an INTERNET based, individualized program that allows parents to electronically access your child’s educational records, including schedules, grades, and attendance.. To learn more, please follow the links below.



    1. How do I access the Parent Portal?

    You can gain access through the district website at by clicking the PARENT PORTAL icon on the district homepage and each school building page.

    2. I had an account last year, do I need to sign-up again?

    No, you will not need to sign-up again as your account remains intact while your children remain a part of the Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery School District.

    3. I forgot my password and/or locked myself out of my account, who do I contact?

    Please contact the main office of the school your child attends.

    4. Who has access to information through the parent portal?

    The parent portal is secure and password protected so that only a student’s parents, legal guardians can use the portal to access that student’s information. Soon high school students will be able to use the portal to access his/her information.

    5. How do I get an account?

    You will need to fill out the required Parent Portal Access Form, which can be downloaded at under the PARENTS link. Once you have filled out the form, please go
    to the Main Office of the school that one of your children attends and show a picture ID.

    6. Why do I need to get my account in person? Why can’t you just send me the information?

    By law, only school officials, students and their parents or guardians have a right to view student educational records. In order to protect privacy of student information, you will need to show a picture
    ID to establish that you are the parent or legal guardian of the student whose records you wish to access. 

    7. What information do I have access to?

    You will be able to access your student’s schedules, attendance, grades, and assignments, as well as demographic and emergency contact information.

    8. Can I access information for all of my children through the same account?


    9. How do I update my emergency contact information?

    Please contact the main office of the school your child attends.

    10. Can my spouse and I have separate accounts?

    Each parent or guardian may have separate accounts. You will each need to apply for your account and you will need a different email address for each account. 

    11. How do I know how each teacher weights or uses each grade?

    Please refer to each teacher’s individual grading policy on his or her website and/or course syllabus. 

    12. How do I check my child’s progress in a particular course?

    Go to the “assignments” tab. The drop down menu on the right allows you to choose a specific course. Selecting a course shows you the scores earned by your child for each specific assignment in that course.

    13. I see an assignment, but there is no grade given, what does this mean?

    Those without a score next to them either have not been assigned or graded yet.

    14. How do I find my child’s Regents Exam scores?

    Go to the “grades” tab. Each Regent Exam will be listed as its own course.  

    15. What is period attendance?

    At the middle and high schools, attendance is taken at the beginning of each class period. Period attendance refers to a student’s attendance in that specific class each day. 

    16. What do the attendance codes mean?

    Known – teacher is aware of why a student is not in their class (i.e. music lesson, guidance, nurse, etc).
    Unknown – teacher is unaware of why a student did not attend that particular class.
    Excused – the district knows why the student is absent and the reason is an excused reason for missing school (i.e. illness).
    Unexcused – the district does not know why the student is absent or the reason does not meet the criteria for an excused absence (i.e. family vacation).

    17. What if I change my primary e-mail address?

    You must fill out a new Parent Portal Access Form found on the district website at under the PARENTS link. On the PARENTS page please look for the link to the Parent Portal Access Form PDF. Return the completed form to your child’s school.

    18. Who do I contact if I have a problem or question regarding the parent portal?

    Please contact the main office of the school your child attends.