•                                      Welcome to the Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District! 

    We are pleased to assist you in registering your child/children from Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 in our schools. The Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District has ongoing registration for new students throughout the school year and summer. The HFFMCSD website, www.hffmcsd.org has an overview of our programs, and policies. 

     During the district’s COVID-19 closure, registration remains open and we are now offering an online pre-registration form.

    Pre-Registration Icon Registration remains open for new registrants from Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12. To pre-register, please complete the online pre-registration form by clicking the icon to the left or by clicking this link here  ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION FORM. You will be notified by the District Registrar, Dawn Lent via email after your online registration has been submitted to complete the remainder registration forms and submit required documents.

    Current families who need to update their address should contact Dawn Lent, Central Registrar-dawn.lent@hffmcsd.org 845-446-9575 x 1600.

    If you are moving or have moved outside of the district, please reach out to your new school district to register. During the school closure, it is advisable to check the school website for contact information such as an email address, and guidance on how to register during this time. 

     In order to register your child in this district, you will need to provide three forms of proof of residency (listed below) a proof of age for your child, last report card, release of records form for the last school your child attended and the most recent physical and immunizations. 


    THREE of the following documents that contain the name and physical address (no PO Boxes accepted) of the parent or guardian of the student that is being enrolled. 



    🀆 A statement by a third-party landlord, owner, or tenant from whom the 

    parent(s)/guardian(s) lease from or live with; 🀆 Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parents/guardian(s) in the school district (forms available in the registrar's office). 🀆 Current utility bill ie, gas/heating oil, water, electricity, cable/phone/internet. (no cell phones) 


    🀆 Pay stub 

    🀆 Voter registration document(s) 

    🀆 State or other government issued identification 

    🀆 Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies 

    🀆 Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or 

    guardianship papers 

    Documents must be current and original - originals will be copied and returned to you immediately. Print-outs from online accounts will be accepted if they show the name and address of the resident and have a current date. 

    Documentation necessary to establish student's age - In addition to the foregoing documentation, the School District requires appropriate documentation sufficient to establish the age of the child(ren) being registered. The following documentation will be required at the time of registration: 

    • Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism; 
    • Passport (including foreign passport) 

    If the foregoing documentation is not available, the School District will consider other documentary evidence, including but not limited to: 

    • State or other government issued identification 
    • School photo identification with date of birth 
    • Consulate identification card 
    • Hospital or health records 
    • Military dependent identification card 
    • Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies 
    • Court orders or other court-issued documents 
    • Records from non-profit international aid agencies and voluntary agencies 
    • Native American tribal documents 

    If relevant, additional documentation needed for school information: 

    • IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district 
    • Section 504 documentation from previous school district 
    • Last report card for placement purpose 

    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The child's most recent immunization records are required at the time of registration. All new students are required to have a health physical completed in New York State in order to attend school. The exam must be performed within 12 months prior to the child's start date. If a physical has not been performed, you are allowed 14 days from the start of school to obtain one. Exception for military families: A physical done on a military base by a military doctor is acceptable by NYS. 

    KINDERGARTEN & PRE-KINDERGARTEN: Your child must turn 5 years of age on or before December 1 of the school year in order to enroll in kindergarten. For pre-kindergarten, your child must turn 4 years of age on or before December 1. There are absolutely no exceptions. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 845-446-9575 x-1600. 

    CHANGE IN RESIDENCE AND/OR MAILING ADDRESS: If your living situation changes at any time during the year, you must contact the Central Registration office. Proof of residency documents are required when you change your address and/or change your mailing address. The Central Registrar will update our systems and notify the Transportation Coordinator of the change. Your child's transportation will be arranged when proof of residency is received by the Central Registration office. 

    The second step of this process is to make an appointment to meet with the child’s guidance counselor or building administrator. At the secondary level they will help with course selection, and at the primary and intermediate schools a formal screening will assist us in meeting your child’s individual needs. Additionally, you will need to complete the following forms included in this packet: 

    • Release of Records Form 
    • Student Information & Registration Form 
    • Student Residence Questionnaire 
    • Home Language Questionnaire 
    • Military Affiliation Questionnaire 
    • School Transportation Request Form 
    • Parent Portal Access Form 

    Optional Forms: 

    • Internet Opt-Out Form 
    • District Publication and News Media Opt-Out Form 

    Additional Required Forms: 

    • NYS School Health Examination Form, including proof of immunization 
    • Student Health History Update Form