The Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District is seeking candidates for a probationary secondary Special Education Teacher. The District is looking for candidates with strong problem-solving skills who are passionate student advocates. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out and maintaining all instructional aspects og a student's IEP;
- Completing progress reports and Annual Review reports for the IEP;
- Delivering classroom instructional program and adjusting based on the needs of the students;
- Monitoring and assessing student progress and behavior;
- Collaborating with General Education Teachers.
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of the NYS Next Generation Learning Standards, demonstrate an understanding of effective pedagogical practices that promote a student-centered learning environment, and feel comfortable integrating technology as an instructional and learning tool. The candidate must hold appropriate New York State Students with Disabilities certification (grades 7-12). Content specialist in Math, Science or ELA strong preferred.
NYS fingerprint clearance is required.
Please apply and submit a cover letter and resume through OLAS for consideration.(www.olasjobs.org).
Position start date: August 30, 2021