Necessary materials - Stuff
I do not require a lot of things, but the things I do require are absolutely mandatory.
1. Pens (black or dark blue only. Work done in alternative colors or in pencil will not be accepted and will be counted as not being done.)
2. Lots of loose-leaf paper. We do a lot of writing. I do not accept work done on paper with fringes or of unusual size or style.
3. A composition (marble) notebook. This will stay in the classroom for our daily journal writing.
4. A notebook for class notes. This can be anything the student feels comfortable with and keep organized.
5. A stapler (and, of course, staples).
6. While not mandatory, a good supply of Post-it notes can come in handy when discussing literature. If you're going to get them, be sure they're small (1 1/2 x 2 or smaller).
7. Finally and most importantly, a good attitude.