Information for Parents / Students
Parent Involvement Groups
- James I. O'Neill High School Parent Teacher Student Council (PTSC)
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery PTP (Pre-K-8)
Annual Professional Performance Review
The District's APPR Plan was approved by New York State on June 21, 2016. The plan can be accessed through the link below.
Under NYS Education Law 3012-c 10(b), parents or legal guardians of a student may request the final rating and the overall effectiveness score for each teacher and building principal their student is assigned to for the current school year. Only the teacher’s overall composite score (0-100) and rating (Highly Effective, Effective, Developing, and Ineffective) will be provided.
To request this information, you must fill out the following form and return it to Dr. Frank Sheboy, Superintendent of Schools, Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District, PO Box 287, Highland Falls, NY 10928. No electronic requests will be accepted.
Child Abuse Reporting
- Information about the Child Abuse Hotline number is available here (La información sobre el número de Hotline de abuso infantil está disponible aquí) …
- HFFMCSD has insured all school-issued chromebooks given to students. Insurance will protect the device against an assortment of damages. This insurance policy will provide full replacement cost coverage. This policy is also transferable to a replacement unit.
Code of Conduct
Common Core Information & Learning Standards
Dignity for All Students (DASA)
- New York State’s Dignity for All Students Act (Dignity Act) seeks to provide the State’s public elementary and secondary school students with a safe and supportive environment free from discrimination, intimidation, taunting, harassment, and bullying on school property, a school bus and/or at a school function.
- District Information on DASA and Dignity Act Reporting Forms
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- www.ed.gov/essa This site describes the 2015 federal law governing performance expectations for all schools and students in the U.S. This 2015 law replaced the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Parental Right to Request and Review Teacher Qualifications
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Fire Inspection Information
- HFFMCSD undergoes annual fire safety inspections of all our buildings and facilities for fire hazards which might endanger the lives of students, teachers and employees therein. To view the HFFMCSD's annual fire inspection reports, please contact Assistant Superintendent for Business at 845-446-9575 x-1100.
Parent & Student Portal
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central Schools offers parents and guardians our Parent Portal, an INTERNET based, individualized program that allows parents to electronically access your child’s educational records, including schedules, grades, and attendance. To learn more, please follow the links below.
- Parent Portal Information, Access & FAQs
- Letter to Parents Introducing Parent Portal
- Parent Portal Access Form
- Parent User Guide for Parent Portal