Welcome to the Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District
Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, all registrations are being handled remotely at this time.
We are pleased to assist you in registering your child/children from Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 in our schools. The Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District has ongoing registration for new students throughout the school year and summer. The HFFMCSD website, www.hffmcsd.org has an overview of our programs, and policies.
To complete the process and enroll, all registration forms must be completed and submitted to the registrar. Registration packets are available to download on the left side of this page. Please see below for more information about enrollment.
Contact the District Registrar, Dawn Lent via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 845-446-9575 x1600.
PRE-K AND KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION WILL OPEN ON MONDAY, MARCH 29, 2021.
The Registration Office is open during Spring Break Monday-Thursday and will be closed Friday, April 2nd.
*The registrar will repsond to the contact form inquiry within 24 hours (except weekends/holidays)
Pre-Kindergarten: Student must be 4 years of age by Decemeber 1, 2021.
Kindergarten: Student must be 5 years of age by December 1, 2021.
TO REGISTER A STUDENT:
ONE of the following:
- CURRENT MORTGAGE STATEMENT or TAX BILL
- CURRENT LEASE
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner, or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease from or live with;
- Such other statement(s) by a third part establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE LIST-TWO OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Pay Stub-must show name of parent/guardian and physical address
- Utility bills i.e. electric, gas, heating oil, cable, water, Internet
- State or other government issued identifcation
- Voter registration document(s)
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies
Documents must be current: Print outs or an email to the registrar from online accounts will be accepted if they show the name and physical address of the resident and have a current date.
Documentation necessary to establish student's age: In addition to the foregoing documentation, the School District requires appropriate documentation sufficient to establish the age of the child(ren) being registered. The following documentation will be required at the time of registration:
- Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism
- Passport (including foreign passport)
If the foregoing documentation is not available, the School District will consider other documentary evidence.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The child's most recent immunization records are required at the time of registration. All new students are required to have a health physical completed in New York State in order to attend school. The exam must be performed within 12 months prior to the child's start date. If a physical has not been performed, you are allowed 14 days from the start of school to obtain one. Exception for military families: A physical done on a military base by a military doctor is acceptable by NYS.
If relevant, additional documentation needed for school information:
- IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district
- Section 504 documentation from previous school district
- Last Report Card for placement
If you reside on the Installation and have a sponsor who is full time active duty or a full time DoD Civilian you can enroll your eligible child at the O'Neill High School. The following are required in addition to the documents listed above with the exception of the proof of residency.
- Sponsors active duty ID or military orders to prove duty status or Civilian DOD SF 50 or DA 3434 (whichever applies)
- Lease or Housing Lettter that includes the address
- Student's military I.D. (front copy only) or birth certificate showing that the student is biologically related to sponsor or a copy of the DEERS verification.
If you need to update your address, please submit the change of address form and an updated proof of residency to email@example.com.
If you have moved out of the school district, please contact the main office at your child's school(s) for information on the withdrawal process.