Welcome to the Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District
We are pleased to assist you in registering your child/children from Pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 in our schools. The Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District has ongoing registration for new students throughout the school year and summer. The HFFMCSD website, www.hffmcsd.org, has an overview of our programs and policies.
To complete the process and enroll, all registration forms must be completed and submitted to the registrar. Registration packets are available to download on the left side of this page.
For information on Pre-Kindergarten for this school year, 2022-23, CLICK HERE.
Students must be 4 years of age on or before December 1, 2022 to be eligible for the 2022-23 Pre-K Program.
Due to limited space in Pre-K, all forms and required documents are due at the time of registration in order to be enrolled in the program. We are unable to hold spaces. No exceptions!
Pre-Kindergarten 2021-22: Students must be 4 years of age by December 1, 2021.
Kindergarten 2021-22: Students must be 5 years of age by December 1, 2021.
TO REGISTER A STUDENT:
Proof of residency: Three documents of proof of residence within the Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District
One of the following:
- CURRENT MORTGAGE STATEMENT or TAX BILL
- CURRENT LEASE
- A statement by a third-party landlord, owner, or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease from or live with;
- Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE LIST-ANY TWO OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Utility bills, i.e. electric, gas, heating oil, cable, water, Internet
- Pay Stub-must show name of parent/guardian and physical address
- State or other government issued identification
- Voter registration document(s)
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies
Documents must be current: printouts or an email to the registrar from online accounts will be accepted if they show the name and physical address of the resident and have a current date.
Documentation necessary to establish a student's age: In addition to the foregoing documentation, the School District requires appropriate documentation sufficient to establish the age of the child(ren) being registered. The following documentation will be required at the time of registration:
- Certified transcript of a birth certificate or record of baptism
- Passport (including foreign passport)
If the foregoing documentation is not available, the School District will consider other documentary evidence.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The child's most recent immunization records are required at the time of registration. All new students are required to have a health physical completed in New York State in order to attend school. The exam must be performed within 12 months prior to the child's start date. If a physical has not been performed, you are allowed 14 days from the start of school to obtain one. Exception for military families: A physical done on a military base by a military doctor is acceptable by NYS.
If relevant, additional documentation needed for school information:
- IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from previous school district
- Section 504 documentation from previous school district
- Last Report Card for placement
If you reside on the-installation and have a sponsor who is full-time active duty or a full-time DoD Civilian, you can enroll your eligible child at O'Neill High School. The following are required in addition to the documents listed above, with the exception of the proof of residency.
- Sponsors active duty ID or military orders to prove duty status or Civilian DOD SF 50 or DA 3434 (whichever applies)
- Lease or Housing Letter that includes the address
- Student's military I.D. (front copy only) or birth certificate showing that the student is biologically related to the sponsor or a copy of the DEERS verification.
If you need to update your address, please submit updated proof of residency to email@example.com.
If you have moved out of the school district, please contact the main office at your child's school(s) for information on the withdrawal process.