The Highland Falls Fort Montgomery Central School District
2023 Proposed Capital Project Referendum
Voters to decide on $44.4 million capital improvement project on March 28
On Tuesday, March 28, Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District residents will go to the polls to vote on a proposed capital project totaling $44,435,600. If approved, the project will address various necessary internal and external building improvements.
After months of research and planning, the district’s facilities committee identified the most essential needs to be addressed through this project, which include:
- failing building, heating and cooling systems, electrical upgrades, and other infrastructure needs at each of our school buildings
- roof replacements at the Highland Falls Intermediate School and James I. O'Neill High School
- drainage and paving of parking areas at the Highland Falls Intermediate School and the Fort Montgomery Elementary School
- kitchen renovations at James I. O’Neill High School
- accessibility for individuals with disabilities at Fort Montgomery Elementary School
- security and safety enhancements at the Fort Montgomery Elementary School; and
- gymnasium, kitchen and art/media space enhancements at the Fort Montgomery Elementary School.
Learn more in person: Attend an upcoming public presentation to learn more and ask questions about the proposed capital project. The following public presentations will take place at the Fort Montgomery Elementary School:
- March 8 at 7 p.m.
- March 18 at 10 a.m.
- March 22 at 7 p.m.
- March 25 at 10 a.m.
The capital project is designed to have no financial increase on taxpayers by taking advantage of aid that New York State offers to encourage communities to maintain their schools.
If approved by voters, most of the work would be completed during the summer of 2024 through the fall of 2025.
The polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. at the Highland Falls Intermediate School (52 Mountain Avenue, Highland Falls.)
For more information about the capital project, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.