Prospective Student Information

  • Incoming/Outgoing Transfers

    Incoming Transfers:

    Welcome to O'Neill!  To enroll your son/daughter, you must have three (3) forms of proof of residency (all 3 forms must have the same address, showing proof that you live within the district).  This may include but is not limited to:

    • Lease
    • Electric bill
    • Phone bill
    • Driver's license
    • Paycheck stub

    Once you have three documents proving residency, please call (845) 446-4914, ext. 2600 to make an appointment to meet with your son/daughter's Guidance Counselor (please see last name assignments HERE).  Before meeting with the counselor, please obtain the following:

    • your son/daughter's most recent school report card or unofficial transcript 
    • your son/daughter's immunizations/health records

    You may also download the following forms, which should be filled out before your appointment:


    Records Release Form

    Home Language Questionnaire 

    Military Affiliation Questionnaire

    Special Services Questionnaire

    Student Residence Questionnaire


    You may click on the links below for more information about our school:

    School Profile

    Course Selection Guide

    School Calendar

    The Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children


    Student 2 Student Ambassador Program (S2S): 

    As with anything new, moving can be a challenging experience.  To ease this transition, we strongly encourage you to participate in our Student Ambassador Program. 

    Once enrolled, you will be contacted by a student sponsor currently attending O'Neill, who will help support you in this transition.  Your Ambassador will work closely with you and your School Counselor.  He or she will assist you in touring the school building and opening your locker, eat lunch with you, and introduce you to new friends and opportunities at O'Neill.  Most importantly, you can connect with someone before you start at O'Neill. 

    In order to make a good match, we ask that you complete the Sponsor Request Form HERE.  You will be contacted by your Student Ambassador shortly afterward.  If you have any questions about this program, please contact Mrs. Milano, School Counselor and S2S Advisor, at or 845-446-4914 x2600.


    Outgoing Transfers:

    If your son/daughter is transferring from O'Neill during the school year, please have him/her stop by the Guidance Office to pick up the official withdrawal form, or you may print it HERE.  The form must be signed by you (parent/guardian) and filled out by teachers, the librarian, the Main Office and your son/daughter's Guidance Counselor.  The form must be returned to the Guidance Office once it has been completely filled out. 

    Students transferring during the summer do not need to fill out the withdrawal form.

    Once you enroll your son/daughter at his/her new school, please have that school request records from Ms. Ward (fax: 845-446-2138).  All official records will be faxed and mailed directly to your child's new school. 

    If you are transferring during the summer, please keep in mind that O'Neill does not finish school until the end of June, so student transcripts will not be ready until mid-July.  Any record requests will be held until transcripts have been prepared.  


Related Files